Note: If you believe your organization already has an ilos account, please contact ilos support or a known ilos user from your organization for access before signing up yourself!
Getting started with ilos is simple. Here's a video outlining how to record for the first time. Following that, we'll go more in depth with written instructions.
Create an account: Head over to our Signup Page to get started with a free trial!
Download and install the ilos Screen Recorder: When you create your ilos account, the Screen Recorder should automatically download, but if it doesn't, just click "Download here."
If you need to re-download, you can do so by logging in to your account and visiting https://app.ilosvideos.com/installRecorder.
Learn more in our Downloading and installing the Recorder help article.
Record your first video: We recommend making a practice video before jumping into your first "official" recording. Simply...
- Click Record in your browser
- Select your dimensions.
- Record a video.
- Click Stop.
- Title your video.
- Click the "check" button to go to your video.
For a crash course on this process, check out this video: https://ilos.video/wunpbi.
For a more in-depth understanding of the screen recorder, visit Using the ilos Recorder.
Set Permissions for your video: Your videos can easily be shared with a link, but make sure the right Permissions are set before sharing it. Choose from these options:
- Anyone with a link: no log in required to view your video.
- Only team members on my account: if the video link is shared with someone who isn't on your team's ilos account, they'll have to request permission from an Admin in order to view.
- Only people in specific groups: only people in certain user Groups can see your video.
- Only me: your video is private to you (if Team or Business, Admins on the account can still see the video).
For more on Permissions, including setting video passwords and changing your default Permissions settings, visit our Understanding video Permissions help article.
Share your video: Since we host your videos for you, sharing is as easy as grabbing a link and sending it off.
Other sharing options include generating GIFs from shorter videos and grabbing embed codes to place your videos in blogs, help desks, websites, etc.
For more on sharing your videos, visit our sharing articles.