This article will help you understand the different parts of the ilos Mac Recorder, before, during, and after recording.
Note: If you are on a Windows OS, some aspects of your recorder may differ. Check out this article for more details.
Control bar- before recording
- Close icon: Closes or Minimizes the Recorder.
- Status bar: Shows the state of the recording.
- Record button: Starts or resumes the recording.
- Microphone icon: Used to select your audio input and shows current audio input levels.
- Time clock: Shows the current time of the recording.
- Full screen icon: Allows you to record your entire screen.
- Webcam button: turns your webcam on/off.
Recorder bounds and dimensions:
- Current recording dimensions: Displays pixel width x height for your recording.
- Drop-down for preset dimensions: Common dimensions for 16:9 aspect ratio. For best playback view, select one of these options.
- Custom area tool: Select the Crop icon to drag around what you want to record (will not lock the 16:9 aspect ratio).
- Outer bounds of your recording: Everything inside these lines will be recorded.
Recorder Preferences (found on the task bar at the top of your desktop)
- Countdown Before Recording: When on, the recorder will countdown before starting the recording.
- Automatically go to Videos on ilos: brings you to the ilos application after you finish recording.
- Save Copy of Video to This Computer: automatically saves a copy of your recording to your computer (this is recommended! See Re-uploading article).
- Automatically copy video link: copies video URL link.
- Restore recorder size on launch: recorder will remember previous recording dimensions for next time.
Control Bar - while recording:
Recorder bounds turn red when recording and blue when paused.
- Pause button: Pauses the recording.
- Microphone icon: Shows audio level and brings up audio input options.
- Time clock: Shows the current time.
- Stop button: Stops the recording and uploads it.
- Trash icon: Cancels the current recording and starts over.
Control Bar - while paused:
From pause, you can finish or cancel your video. To resume your recording, select Resume.
Control Bar - after finishing your video:
- Input box: Title your recording.
- Check mark icon: Set your video title and go to video page.
- Trash icon: Delete recording and start over.