Getting started with ilos is simple. First of all you will log in and download the recorder:
Step 1: Download and install the ilos Screen Recorder
When you create and log into your ilos account, you will see a prompt in the middle of the screen to 'Download Application'
If you need to re-download, you can do so by logging in to your account and visiting https://app.ilosvideos.com/installRecorder.
Step 2: Record your first video
- Click the red Record button from the top of the ilos app. This will launch the recorder.
- Select your dimensions by clicking and dragging in the corners, or go into full screen mode.
- Record a video of your screen, webcam, or both.
- Click the Checkmark button when completed.
- Title your video.
- Click the Checkmark button again to go to your video.
For a more in-depth understanding of the screen recorder, visit Using the ilos Recorder.
Step 3: Edit your video
Make use of the ilos editing features to make your video flawless.
- Click the scissor icon from the bottom right of the video player. This will open the editor.
- Select Edit type: Trim, Blur, or Music.
- Add edits to the playbar.
- Apply the changes.
Trimming: cut out sections of the video where you made a mistake.
Blurring: hide sensitive information that made its way into your video.
Captions: receive captioning within 24 hours with the click of a button (Enterprise plans).
Comments and Chapters: Engage your learners by allowing interactive commenting. Break up your video into sections with chapter topics throughout the video.
Step 4: Share your video
Since we host your videos for you, sharing and embedding is as easy as copying/pasting the link and sending it off.